Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sometimes vaca gives you time to think!

So, we just got back from a week at the beach with my sister, brother in law, and their 2 kids. We had a blast!  We spent time in both Destin and Fort Walton Beach FL.  The water was crystal clear blue, the weather was perfect.  Steve got to eat a lot of seafood...something that doesn't happen to often because he wants it fresh and can't cook it in the house.  As Rebekah (my sister) says, if it swims, I don't eat it!  I did relearn to wear a hat at the beach!  My head is super sunburned and itches like crazy!  I felt bad to go get my hair cut yesterday!  We found some great sunglasses and had fun trying them on at Kitty Hawk Kites at the Crab Trap.

Coolest. Sunglasses. Ever.

If you are ever in that area, McGuires Irish Pub is a must!  The food was delicious...and Steve and Tom say the beer was too....Next time!

Me and Steve at McGuires--it's in black and white because we have coon eyes so bad from the beach!  



 I only got teary one day.  I was sitting on the beach in the evening reading a book.  The book came to a part about a baby boy and it just kinda hit me that this vacation had been planned for about a year, and it was very different than I had originally envisioned it.  It's not that we don't think of Kiernan or miss him every day, but honestly, life moves on.  I can't let myself wallow, because it would definitely be easy to do so.  

I overheard one of my patients the other day say something about I didn't act very excited to be pregnant.  Just in case there is any doubt, I am...very much so. When we found out we were preggo with K, after we passed that 12 week mark (that's when I miscarried the first time), then got into the second trimester, there was really no fear.  Stillbirth had never entered my mind.  Why would it?  My pregnancy was perfect except for some over the top swelling towards the end.  Now, we passed that 12 week mark, we are well into the second trimester, but that fear is still there, and my dr says probably will remain so until we hold that baby in our arms.  Then the fear will switch to something else.  It does help that there has been some extra tests done and extra ultrasounds.  I'm not sure if I reported back from the high risk doctor, but the ultrasound was great, and the blood work came back for Down's, Trisomy 13 and 18...my chances of having any of those are lower than the average persons, so that's great news.  I go back next week for more blood work to test for spina bifida.  I also had a follow up with Dr. Callison...her nurse Kim cracks me up. She was gonna strap the baby heart monitor on me, then proceeded to say "Don't freak out if we can't hear anything..sometimes we don't this early with this thing" I just looked at her and kinda smiled. She was like "Just tell me to shut up cause I know you will freak out and I am not going to be responsible for that!"  She left and came back, and ultrasound was empty so off we went.  All was perfect.  I go back to Dr. C in 2 weeks.  I can't believe we are starting month 5! At times it's flying by, and others it's dragging.  Both ultrasound techs (one at the high risk dr office and one at Dr. C's off) have given their best guess right now (we don't have the gender ultrasound til Sept), on 2 separate occasions, and both say girl.  While we will be ecstatic with either...we just want a healthy baby...a part of me thinks a girl will kind of be a clean start.  If it is a girl, her name will be Ellie Makenna.  We are still throwing around boy names....can't totally agree on one...maybe there is a reason???!!!  I however will NOT EVER name my child Imminent (first name) Danger (middle name) as Steve suggests!  Does he not know we already have the Ward luck?  Lol! 





So, not alot going on here.  Not alot of interesting things to say on the blog...just thought I'd give a quick update...


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Look how cute and pregnant you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you! Glad you had a good vacation! You look beautiful. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete