Monday, May 7, 2012

The beginning...sort of...

PS--I'm bringing over my previous posts from my other blog (that I'm deleting). I'm so sad I can't bring your comments with me!

I got divorced in 2007 and moved to Rhode Island to begin a new life. Little did I know that I would meet the most wonderful man, who is now my husband. I met some wonderful people and have maintained some of those relationships since moving back to Bama. Steve and I will celebrate our 2 year anniversary this July.  Marrying him was the best thing I've ever done. He can make me laugh and make me cry all in the same second.  When you see him or talk to him, just say "worm" and see if he doesn't crack up!
We've been together for 5 years now.  We have been through some really great times and some really rough times.  Our relationship has survived 2 lay offs, 1 not so bad car wreck, 1 bad car wreck, a miscarriage, a cross country move, and now the death of our son 2 months ago.
Steve has taught me many things, some I never new about myself.  I'm worried and anxious where he is laid back and stress free.  He's taught me to camp and hike, but sadly, I still haven't mastered balancing on a bicycle after so many years off of one.  I HOPE I've taught him so patience and kindness, although he denies he has any.  Something that would surprise most people about me would probably be that I have 2 tattoos and I won't more (I'm sure Barbie is cringing right now).  I've been such a good girl my whole life, and it makes me feel a little bit like a wild child. Ha!
My mom is a great woman who has taught me many things in life. She and my sister will always be 2 of my very best friends.  My dad is not in the picture, and hasn't been more the last half of my life. That's a whole 'nother story that we just won't go into on here!
I now work as  a speech language pathologist in a rehab/geriatric setting. Most days, I love my job. There are definitely times when I wish I was a princess who didn't have to work, but that would last, oh about 4 days probably.
I miss my friends in RI, but specially my BIL Pat. He's an awesome guy, even when he's being scary Pat.
Again, I don't know who if any will ever read this.  But, I'm hoping it will guide me through some of the darker moments in my life and that I can share the better ones as well.
Here's to blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment