So I saw on another blog I follow (yeah, a whole 2...by the same person...give me more blogs people!) 11 questions to answer. Although she didn't tag me, I thought I'd tag myself and answer some. I'm going on NO sleep and am somehow feeling chipper despite it. So here goes...
1. How did you start blogging? I decided I had alot of things rattling around in my head and wanted to get them out! Instead of my husband or friends on FB, I'm going to write it here!!
2. What is your dream job? I love what I do (Speech Pathologist), but would love to be financially stable without a job! That's my dream job. Of course that would last about oh 3 seconds because I can't just sit still and not do something.
3. What is your favorite movie or book? There are so many! I love to read! I love the Sookie Stackhouse books, the Scarlett Letter, Rebecca..as for movies...probably Oklahoma and The Wizard of Oz...however, lately, Bridesmaids can make me laugh every.single.day.
4. Favorite Food? This one is hard too. I love to eat...as my dwindling line of paper clips is showing (those of us trying to lose weight at work use linked together paperclips to give a visual demo of how much weight we have lost...I even bought sparkly paperclips...hmm...thought that would help)...Mexican! I could eat it every single day! Or Granny's biscuits and cocoa (chocolate gravy to some)...no matter how hard I try, I can't make it like her.
5. If you had an entire afternoon free, who would you want to spend it with? Just one person? Steve. Exploring somewhere new, whether it's in our backyard or in a different state. I have some great memories of our "mini vacations" where we would just go to a different city/town close by and just explore. We still talk about those trips. Going a little further from home (say, planning a hotel stay) and I my OCD immediately comes on and I have to plan everything. I NEED to know I have somewhere to sleep! I may be the only person who ever planned an elopement!
6. What is the most significant goal you have achieved to date? I don't consider anything I've done significant???
7. What is your dream vacation? Ireland hands down. I want to stay in a little cottage our in the rolling hills....walk into the village, passing sheep on the roads of course, bundled up in my handmade sweater (that I of course bought somewhere), and hanging out with Steve in a local pub with a pint of Guinness!
8. When you go to weddings, do you dance or sit like a lump? I agree with Janice on this one. Why do I have to be a lump because I don't want to dance? Odds are, I'm having so much fun watching you dancers making a fool out of yourselves, that I just can't give that up! However, those that really can dance...I envy you!
9. If you were going to volunteer for an organization, what would it be? Something to do with domestic violence. Been there, done that, can write my own chapter. When I lived in RI, I volunteered with an organization where you met the woman at the hospital and helped her know her options whether it was through a rape or through a domestic violence episode. She never had to go through it alone. My mom had someone to help her through some life events like these. I think it gives the woman power when so much has been stripped away. I know by the time I got divorced, my self confidence and worth was so low, why would I leave...who else was "going to put up with me"? When I looked at the same policeman for the second time in one day, I told him "I am not that girl, that girl who goes back and lives like this". He blew me off (I mean come on, he just saw me twice within hours!). That was my light bulb moment. I grabbed my dog and myself and left that very same day.
10. Favorite celebrity or sports star? Well, I'm not really a sports fan. I know. Blasphemy from a southern girl. I'm supposed to LOVE college football..and am really supposed to have made a decision between Auburn versus Alabama. Honestly, I COULD CARE LESS! I like to watch sports only if I'm with a group of people (and let's be honest, I'm probably making fun of the people taking it oh so serious) or if I'm there in person. Shocker? I've never been to a college football game! My university was small and we didn't have a football team. As celebrities go, I don't "follow" anyone...but I love me some trash/reality TV...love me some Housewives of OC!
11. What did you want to be when you grew up...when you were 6? A garbage man. I wanted to ride on the back of that truck so bad. Sadly, my mom made me sit in a seat and buckle up every time I was in the car! The back of a truck seemed so exotic to me!
12. What's the most challenging part of maintaining a blog? First, I thought this was only 11 questions? But anywho...I have no idea! I just started..like day 3.
13. What is the best vacation you have ever taken? There have been so many! Our elopement in Vermont is at the top. We stayed at a gorgeous bed and breakfast...we town celebrities (it was off season)...we went to a winery, shared desert (and a whiskey) with a couple who had been married for 65+ years....he wanted a whiskey...Steve decided after 65 years (the wife said no) he could have a whiskey..ha! We took the ski lift to the top of the ski mountain and were married there..just the two of us and the JP. Others would be camping and hiking in Maine and New Hampshire. We had awesome food/drinks, survived a thunderstorm in a tent..more than once...hiked some beautiful waterfalls, found a boardwalk on the ocean, and saw a moose...twice!
14. What is something about you that most people would never guess? Probably that I can be very shy in unfamiliar situations.
15. What is the song stuck in your head and you want to share just so other people have to suffer too? Sadly, Skinny marink a dink a dink Skinny marink a doo......
- The second is coming...
- Man up "Anonymous"
- If I can't have sunshiny days, I'll talk partly cl...
- The Jolly Green Giant is angry?!
- Siphoning gas by mouth, uplifting friends, and Mr....
- Some days I just need a purple pen...
- There's no trying on blue jeans on vacation...or c...
- Tattoos don't mean I aint classy yall...lol
- How do you be sad?
- Random Thoughts
- Previous comments from other blog
- Thoughts for today
- Sunday Blues
- The beginning...sort of...
- ▼ May (14)